THE NATIONAL NETWORK OF ABORTION FUNDS BUILDS POWER WITH MEMBERS TO REMOVE FINANCIAL AND LOGISTICAL BARRIERS TO ABORTION ACCESS BY CENTERING PEOPLE WHO HAVE ABORTIONS AND ORGANIZING AT THE INTERSECTIONS OF RACIAL, ECONOMIC, AND REPRODUCTIVE JUSTICE.
WE ENVISION A WORLD WHERE EVERY REPRODUCTIVE DECISION, INCLUDING ABORTION, TAKES PLACE IN THRIVING COMMUNITIES THAT ARE SAFE, PEACEFUL, AND AFFORDABLE. WE ENVISION A WORLD WHERE ALL PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER AND RESOURCES TO CARE FOR AND AFFIRM THEIR BODIES, IDENTITIES, AND HEALTH FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES—IN ALL AREAS OF THEIR LIVES. AS WE SHIFT THE CONVERSATION ABOUT ABORTION, IT WILL BECOME A REAL OPTION, ACCESSIBLE WITHOUT SHAME OR JUDGMENT.
NEED AN ABORTION?
THE NATIONAL NETWORK OF ABORTION FUNDS IS HERE TO CONNECT YOU WITH ORGANIZATIONS THAT CAN SUPPORT YOUR FINANCIAL AND LOGISTICAL NEEDS AS YOU ARRANGE FOR YOUR ABORTION. FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Find out if you have insurance that covers your abortion. Call your insurance company to ask if abortion is a covered benefit, and ask for an in-network clinic. You can often find their phone number on the back of your insurance card. If you know you have Medicaid, check this information to find out if your state covers abortion.
- Make an appointment at a clinic for your abortion before searching for funding. Call different clinics to find which one costs the least. Tell the clinic if you can’t afford it and ask if there are any discounts. It’s fine to make an appointment for your abortion even if you’re not sure how you’ll pay for it. Clinics don’t charge you for rescheduling. Find a clinic.
- Add up how much you can cover on your own. Abortion funds often don’t have the money to cover the entire cost of your abortion, so any money you can contribute will be important.
- Use the search box and map below to find abortion funds that can help cover expenses. Search the state where your clinic appointment is located AND search in your home state if they are not the same. That way you’ll have more places to call for funding.
- Read the instructions before you contact an abortion fund on the list. You’ll find out if you qualify for funding and learn the best way to contact them.
- Contact lots of places. There may be more than one local or national abortion fund that can help you with your abortion or other things you need on your way to getting an abortion such as transportation and childcare. Find out what to expect when you call abortion funds.
Find out more here.